Kaupapa Maori counselling, therapy and support for survivors of sexual harm (mahi tukino) and violence within whanau.
Age: All Ages and Whanau
Region: West Auckland
Tu Wahine Trust is made up of both Maori and mainstream qualified professionals whose approach is informed by the Maori world view and applied in a contemporary context. We provide services for victims of all forms of violence and abuse within the whanau including specialist mahi tukino/sexual harm services where the victim/survivor has experienced mahi tukino within the whanau, in other relationships, and stranger sexual harm.
Tu Wahine Trust provide:
- Korero Awhina (counselling, therapy and support) in a safe-space by qualified kai mahi, centres around the strengths of individual victims/survivors and their whanau who have been affected by mahi tukino/sexual harm, both separately or as agreed by the survivor.
- Education and Awareness in relation to the impact of mahi tukino on the individual and whanau and ways of restoring and building Mana Wahine, Tu Wahine, Tutangata, which has been diminshed due to mahi tukino.
- Advocate on behalf of individuals and whanau to ensure opportunities for tamariki, wahine and whanau affected by mahi tukino are accessible.
- Primary prevention for Maori through Maori media - Radio Waatea's weekly programme encourages individuals and whanau to start conversations about mahi tukino. Development and dissemination of resources such as whakatauki, purakau and waiata with messages of well-being that lead to the elimination of mahi tukino and acts as signposts to what and how this is achieved.
- Support victims and whanau to achieve living life free from mahi tukino.
- Korero Awhina for victims of all forms of violence and abuse within the whanau.
- Programmes for tamariki/rangitahi and whanau that encourage safety planning, behaviour change, personal growth and relaionship building.
- Programmes for wahine and whanau which asist them to co-construct a cultural healing pathway that best suits their needs.
All services are FREE
How to Access:
Call (09) 838 8700 or drop in and see us.
If you are an agency wishing to refer someone, please request a referral form.
We are always happy to talk by phone if you have any questions.
1-4 years old, 5-12 years old, 13-17 years old, 18+ years old, Older adult
How do I access this service?
Contact us, Referral, Walk in
|Mon – Fri||9:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
Public Holidays: Closed on all public holidays.
Christmas: Open 23 Dec — 24 Dec. Closed 25 Dec — 26 Dec. Open 27 Dec. Closed 28 Dec — 29 Dec. Open 30 Dec — 31 Dec. Closed 1 Jan — 2 Jan. Open 3 Jan.
Sexual harm victims/survivors - Do you need help and support?
- Kaupapa Māori
- Support and counselling
Sexual harm - Kaupapa Māori services
Sexual harm - training, education, workforce development
Abuse and violence
- Family violence intervention
- Victim support
(09) 838 8700
247 Edmonton Road
Te Atatu South
247 Edmonton Road
Te Atatu South
PO Box 83 230
Would you recommend this service to family & friends?
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 2:07PM on July 4, 2019. This information is reviewed and edited by Tu Wahine Trust.