9:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
Work and Income is a service of the Ministry of Social Development. We have 11 regional offices, over 140 service centres nationwide and a number of business units providing specialised services.
The services we offer include:
Helping people into work
- Workshops and practical advice for getting work.
- Training, seminars or work experience to build up confidence and skills.
- Grants and subsidies to encourage employers to provide work.
- Income support to help people get into, and stay in, work.
- Practical support for people with the right experience to start a business.
One of the ways we help people find work is to support employers who provide work for our clients. If you’re an employer our services include:
- your own Work Broker to help you find the right people
- training and seminars to help our clients get up to speed quickly
- wage subsidies to help with the costs of providing work.
Providing income support
- Benefits for people unable to support themselves.
- Allowances for people on low-to-middle incomes.
- Superannuation for people who are aged 65 years or more.
- Pensions for ex-service people.
- Loans and allowances for students.
We can grant you financial assistance from the date you first contact us, if you complete your application within 20 working days of that date.
There is also a Community Services Card to help with medical costs – and other payments to help out if you have an immediate need for an essential item or service.
Other things we do
We are here to help people get the financial assistance they’re entitled to. We also work hard to prevent benefit fraud and to recover debts – so that we can support the people who need it most.
We’ll do our best to support you in any way we can – for instance, if you need an interpreter, or need us to visit you at home because of mobility problems, or you would like a meeting room when you meet with us.
If you’d like to know more about how we can help please contact us
18+ years old, Older adult
How do I access this service?
Make an appointment
Please call us through the contact centre.
9:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
|Mon – Tue||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Wed||9:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Thu – Fri||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
Education and training
- Life skills
We provide workshops and practical advice for getting work and training, seminars or work experience to build up confidence and skills. These are all aimed at helping people into work.…More
We help people into work.
We provide income support in the following ways:
- Benefits for people unable to support themselves
- Allowances for people on low-to-middle incomes
- Superannuation for people who are aged 65 years or…
- Emergency accommodation
Supporting financial independence
Abuse and violence
- Family violence intervention
- Information & support
- Referral to specialist services
We provide a free service.
East Auckland, South Auckland
(09) 269 6135
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 9:11AM on January 31, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by Work and Income - Counties Manukau.