38 Kotare Street
Our vision is: Healthy Communities – Mauriora!
Te Whatu Ora Lakes' three core values are:
- Manaakitanga - Respect and acknowledgement of each other’s intrinsic value and contribution
- Integrity - Truthfully and consistently acting collectively for the common good
- Accountability - Collective and individual ownership for clinical and financial outcomes and sustainability
Click on a service below for all contact details
- Acute Response Team (ART) More Info
- Adult Community Mental Health & Addiction Services More Info
- Anaesthesia More Info
- Audiology More Info
- Cardiology More Info
- Child Health More Info
- Diabetes Service More Info
- Dr Prashanth Hari Dass - Oncologist More Info
- Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) More Info
- Gastroenterology More Info
- General Surgery More Info
- Gynaecology More Info
- Infant, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (iCAMHS) More Info
- Lakes Kids Community Health More Info
- Maternity More Info
- Mental Health Services for Older People (MHSOP) More Info
- Needs Assessment Service Co-ordination (NASC) More Info
- Obstetrics More Info
- Occupational Therapy More Info
- Older Persons Health & Rehabilitation More Info
- Oncology More Info
- Orthopaedics More Info
- Pathlab (Lakes Region) More Info
- Pharmacy Services More Info
- Radiology More Info
- Sleep Service More Info
- Social Work More Info
- Speech Language Therapy More Info
- Taupō Hospital Dental Clinic More Info
- Taupō Hospital Emergency Department More Info
- Taupō Inpatient Unit More Info
- Toi Te Ora Public Health More Info
For relatives or friends visiting or staying at the hospital, food is available from the cafeteria. We encourage visitors to go to the cafeteria for a break and refreshments and not to eat in the patient areas.
The cafeteria is situated off the main corridor, opposite the inpatient unit.
Hours of operation are: 9am – 3pm, Monday to Friday. A limited service is available on weekends.
Public access to Taupō Hospital is via the main entrance off Kotare Street.
After 8.00pm the main doors are locked and access is via the Emergency Department or the Maternity Unit.
Public parking is available as signposted, in the areas of ED, Maternity and Outpatients. Please park in the right area.
Visitors are asked not to park at the rear of the hospital as this area is set aside for staff parking.
Transport and Accommodation Assistance
There is help available for patients who have been referred to publicly funded appointments out of town and qualify for National Travel Assistance.
Click here for more information.
Taupō Hospital Pharmacy supplies medications to inpatients at Taupō Hospital.
Click here to find a community pharmacy near you.
Our security measures and hospital rules ensure the protection and safety of all patients and staff. Staff are trained to take appropriate action in the event of an emergency situation or security alert.
Please advise your nurse if you have any concerns about your personal safety.
Anyone displaying acts of verbal or physical violence directed at staff, patients, family/ whānau will be removed from the hospital and if necessary, police assistance will be sought.
(07) 376 1000
(07) 376 1003
Emergency Department: Open 24 hours / 7 days. Phone (07) 376 1000
38 Kotare Street
38 Kotare Street
PO Box 841