Anxiety New Zealand Trust
Mental Health & Addictions Service
Helpline 0800 ANXIETY (0800 269 4389)
- Programme Areas
Self help/ helpline, Mental health
- Programme Type
Helpline / self-help - mental health
Wellington, Nelson Marlborough, West Coast, Canterbury, South Canterbury, Southland, Waitaki, North Auckland, East Auckland, Central Lakes, Northland, Central Auckland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Lakes, Tairawhiti, Taranaki, Hawkes Bay, Whanganui, MidCentral, West Auckland, Wairarapa, South Auckland, Hutt
- Age Groups
Child, Youth, Adult, Older adult
- Referral Types
If you’re feeling anxious and would like to talk to someone about anxiety relief – wherever you are in New Zealand – you can phone our free 24 hour Helpline:
0800 ANXIETY (0800 269 4389)
Our Helpline gives vital support to hundreds of people each month who experience all forms of anxiety, including Panic Attacks and Obsessive Compulsive Disorders.
If you experience anxiety, or have an anxious relative or friend you’d like to help, please call us for support and information about anxiety and anxiety management strategies.
This service if completely confidential and free of charge. It is the only service of its type in New Zealand.
- We will listen and support you with empathy and unconditional acceptance.
- We can take you through breathing and relaxation exercises that are really effective in minimising feelings of anxiety and panic.
- We can discuss practical strategies you can learn and apply whenever anxiety and panic starts to feel overwhelming.
- We will offer encouragement, education, and advice for anyone who is supporting someone struggling with anxiety.
Who Can Call:
- Anyone who is struggling with ongoing stress, Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Obsessive Compulsive Disorders, Phobias, and associated issues.
- Concerned family members, loved ones, and supporters of anyone in an anxiety-related crisis.
(09) 846 9776
(09) 849 2375
24 Hour National Anxiety Helpline 0800 Anxiety (0800 2694 389)
- Available 24/7 Nationwide
- Help + education for anxiety disorders and related issues
- Fully trained volunteers providing brief interventions for anxiety management, support + advice
77 Morningside Dr
77 Morningside Dr
PO Box 41 133
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 3:02PM on February 11, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by Anxiety New Zealand Trust.