Rajeev Rajagopal - Haematologist
8:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
Rajeev is a haematologist who consults at Auckland Oncology and East Care Specialist Centre on a wide variety of malignant and non-malignant haematological disorders.
He is a Southern Cross Affiliated Provider for Consultations and Cancer care.
Urgent and short notice appointments are available.
What is Haematology?
Haematology is the branch of medicine concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the blood and blood-forming organs. Such disorders may involve the:
- components of blood (cells and plasma)
- coagulation (blood clotting) process
- blood cell formation
- haemoglobin (oxygen-carrying protein on red blood cells) synthesis.
To help in the diagnosis of blood disorders, you will probably have to have blood samples taken for analysis in the laboratory. These may include:
- FBC (Full Blood Count): gives information on the number of cells (red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets) in your blood.
- INR (International Normalised Ratio): monitors your clotting function when on warfarin (anticoagulant/anticlotting) therapy.
- Coagulation/Clotting Screen: a group of tests to check coagulation or clotting function.
Doctors who specialise in haematology are called haematologists.
8:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
|Mon – Fri||8:30 AM – 5:30 PM|
Please contact the practice during business hours, Monday to Friday, to arrange appointments.
Please also send radiology and blood reports, if any, with the referral.
Procedures / Treatments
Rajeev is a Southern Cross Affiliated Provider for Consultations and Cancer care.
The Auckland Transport website is a good resource to plan your public transport options.
Free patient parking is provided for patients at East Care.
Would you recommend this service to family & friends?
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 12:45PM on July 7, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by Rajeev Rajagopal - Haematologist.