Waitemata DHB Physiotherapy - Outpatients Clinic
About the Service
Outpatient Physiotherapy provides patient centred and goal specific assessment and intervention including:
- assessment, treatment and provision of advice and education and / or equipment to improve function and therefore activity and participation capacity
- rehabilitation e.g. post surgery, post acute injury, post exacerbation of a chronic condition, post neurological event or exacerbation, for respiratory conditions
- assessment and treatment to patients diagnosed with or at risk of developing lymphoedema.
Allied health community outpatient services are available at:
- North Shore Hospital 7.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday except for public holidays.
- Waitakere Hospital 7.30am to 4.00pm, Monday to Friday except for public holidays.
According to service specifications provided by the funder, referrals to allied health Physiotherapy Outpatient Clinic are taken from self or, with the patient's permission, family / whanau, GPs, hospital staff, specialists and other health professionals.
Please telephone the Referral Screener for all requests, information and advice:
Phone (09) 486 8945 ext 43222 (8.00am - 4.30pm; Monday to Friday)
Fax: (09) 486 8997 (for referrals)
- People with reduced mobility and / or resulting diminished function, activity or participation due to a temporary or permanent illness, injury or disability.
- Adults over the age of 16 years.
- Children under the age of 16 years with personal health issues and respiratory conditions.
Referrals are not accepted for the following:
- patients who require intervention that is specific to their home or community environment
- residents living in Residential Homes / Care facilities
- children with a disability who are over 16 and still attend school (seen by Child Development Service).
Procedures / Treatments
The Physiotherapy Outpatients Service at North Shore and Waitakere Hospitals provides input for various conditions including:… More
- Physiotherapy Outpatient Service Brochure Aug15 (PDF, 191.1 KB)
Would you recommend this service to family and friends?
This page was last updated at 10:12AM on November 9, 2017. This information is reviewed and edited by Waitemata DHB Physiotherapy - Outpatients Clinic.