Lakes DHB Needs Assessment Service Co-ordination (NASC)
The NASC service undertakes comprehensive health needs assessments and service co-ordination for the Lakes DHB population.
Lakes NASC works with people to identify their support needs (needs assessment), look at the support available (funded and unfunded / long term and short term) and work with you to arrange the appropriate support (service co-ordination).
For people with Disabiltiy Support needs Support Net Bay Of Plenty DHB provide this NASC service
Who NASC provides support services for:
- People over 65 years of age, who have long term loss of independent function and require assistance with normal daily tasks
- People recently discharged from hospital who require short term assistance with normal daily tasks after discharge
- People under the age of 65 who have a long term chronic condition
- People who need support as part of palliative care
Excluded are people who are:
- Covered under the Accident Compensation Act (ACC) - they may not be eligible
- People who require assessment solely as a result of a personal health need (e.g. they require ongoing supervision by a health professional)
- People who are not a resident of New Zealand
|Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
For Long Term Services:
- You can be referred by your health professional, social worker, community organisation, friend, family OR you can refer yourself
- You can make the referral by telephone, fax, email, letter or in person
- You will need a community services card to access some services
For Short Term Services (post discharge):
- While you are in hospital, a nurse, social worker or support worker will make the referral on your behalf
All referrals are vetted for eligibility and both the referrer and client will be informed of the outcome. Any client with an urgent need will be seen as soon as possible. All referrals are given a priority rating. If urgent, one of our assessors will be in contact with you within one to two days.
If your need becomes urgent while your referral is being processed please phone the NASC Team Leader on 07-343-1030. If a referral is not accepted, reasons are stated and the referral redirected as appropriate.
Click here to download a referral form.
A needs assessment may take up to one hour. You are welcome to have family, whanau, friends, caregivers or an independent advocate with you for support during your assessment. … More
Our team will work with you to arrange the appropriate support for your needs. Long and Short Term Services include:… More
New Zealand citizens or those who have obtained permanent residence are entitled to publicly funded health care.
Non-residents may be required to pay for their health care.
Click here to read more about eligibility for funded care at Lakes DHB.
Click here to find your nearest community pharmacy.
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 10:57AM on April 30, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by Lakes DHB Needs Assessment Service Co-ordination (NASC).