Waitematā DHB Paediatrics & Newborn Services
Public Service ENT/ Head & Neck Surgery Gastroenterology & Hepatology (Liver) Infectious Diseases Nephrology Respiratory
Paediatric Outpatient Clinics - Waitakere and North Shore Hospitals + Community Locations
These clinics are for children who need care from a specialist doctor for children (paediatrician) or nurse specialist.
How does my child get referred to the paediatric clinic?
If you have a concern, see your family doctor (GP) for a review. Your GP can send a referral for a paediatric clinic to ask for advice or a clinic visit.
How soon will the appointment be?
The children’s health team will review the information sent by your GP to decide how urgently your child needs to be reviewed. Some more urgent appointments may happen within a few weeks. Non-urgent appointments happen within 3-4 months.
You will receive an appointment letter by email or regular mail. You will also get a text reminder if we have your phone number.
If you think your child needs a more urgent appointment, please discuss with your GP.
Where are the clinics located?
We have clinics at North Shore and Waitakere hospitals and community locations.
We will try to book your appointment close to home. Your appointment letter will say where the clinic is.
- Waitakere Hospital: Rangatira Unit, Entrance A, 3rd door on left, Lincoln Road, Henderson
- North Shore Hospital: 3 Shea Terrace, Takapuna
- Henderson: Whanau Centre, corner Edsel & Catherine Streets, Henderson
- New Lynn: Totara Health, 2nd level, 1 McCrae Way, New Lynn
- Helensville: Kaipara Medical Centre, 53-65 Commercial Road, Helensville
- Wellsford: Wellsford Medical Centre, 220 Rodney Street, Wellsford
- Warkworth: WDHB Community Health Centre, corner Percy & Alnwich Street, Warkworth
- Hibiscus Coast: Hibiscus Coast Community Health Centre, 136 Whangaparaoa Rd, Red Beach
How do I change or cancel my child's appointment?
If you need to change or cancel your appointment, please call 837 8870
How to prepare for the clinic:
Who should come to the appointment?
- The child
- A parent or caregiver
- You may bring a support person, if you would like
What should I bring with me?
- Your child’s Well Child Book
- Any papers you have about your child’s health
- Any medicines your child is taking
- A list of your questions and concerns