1 Tuakau Road
Pukekohe Hospital was opened in 1953 as a maternity unit. In 1979 a Geriatric ward was built. Over time, the Hospital has changed its focus with ten clinic rooms utilised by visiting specialists from Counties Manukau DHB and the community.
Pukekohe Hospital currently has 26 beds, 10 of which are dedicated for Assessment Treatment and Rehabilitation. There is a full team of Senior Medical, Allied Health and Nursing staff. The balance of the beds are used for Respite and Palliative Care. We continue to have a limited number of beds for residential care.
The service is managed by an Operations Manager, Charge Nurse Manager, Registered Nurses, Allied Health Professionals, Health Care Assistants and Administration staff. They are supported by local General Practitioners and the Community Geriatrician from Counties Manukau Health.
Pukekohe Hospital hosts the Mobile Surgical Unit every six weeks, offering minor surgery on referral.
Maternity services, Home Health Care, Public Health Nurses and an Outpatient Rehabilitation Service are also based at the Hospital.
The Maternity Resource Centre offers advice for pregnancy and antenatal care and is located at the entrance to the Birthing Unit.
The Franklin Locality Office is situated at Pukekohe Hospital:
The Franklin Community Rapid Response Service operates from Pukekohe Hospital Site.
Click on a service below for all contact details
- Adult Rehabilitation & Health of Older People (ARHOP) More Info
- Alisha Holdem - Midwife More Info
- Charisma Midwifery Collective More Info
- Claire Eyes - Midwife @ Pukekohe Birthing Unit More Info
- Clare Kirby - Midwife More Info
- Counties Manukau Health Community Midwifery Service More Info
- Diabetes More Info
- Diane Kempton - Midwife More Info
- Elaine Rudkin - Midwife, Acupuncturist and Wellness Provider More Info
- Home Health Care More Info
- Horizon Radiology Ltd More Info
- Keryn Mills - Midwife More Info
- Kidz First Public Health Nursing More Info
- La Leche League More Info
- Mary Mupita - Midwife More Info
- Maternity Services More Info
- New Beginnings More Info
- Pukekohe Primary Birthing Unit More Info
- Rheumatology More Info
- Services for Older People More Info
- Steph Murray - Midwife More Info
1 Tuakau Road
- Adult Rehabilitation & Health of Older People (ARHOP) visiting hours are 11am until 8pm or as arranged with the Nurse Manager.
- Pukekohe Primary Birthing Unit visiting hours are 1pm until 8pm or as arranged by Midwife Manager
There are six disability car parks at the front entrance of Pukekohe Hospital. There is parking along the drive way for patients. Further parking is available (30 car parks) for patients and staff on the left as you enter the main drive - All parking is free.
Complaints and Feedback Procedure
Our staff work to ensure that your care and treatment is of the best standard that we can achieve. If for some reason you are unhappy with any part of your care please let us know about it. Happy feedback is also welcomed.…
Interpreting and Translation Services (ITS)
Welcome to the Counties Manukau District Health Board Interpreting and Translation Service.…
Counties Manukau DHB promotes good health and is committed to the Smokefree Policy.…
If you need to attend a medical appointment but are having difficulty with transport, Franklin Family Support Services operates a system that may entitle you to a free or subsidised return trip. For further details, please ring Franklin Family Support Services on 09 238 6233.
There are no charges for services to public patients if you are lawfully in New Zealand and meet one of the Eligibility Directions specified criteria set by the Ministry of Health. If you do not meet the criteria, you will be required to pay for the full costs of any medical treatment you receive during your stay.
To check whether you meet the specified eligibility criteria, visit the Ministry of Health website.
For any applicable charges, please phone the Accounts Receivable Office on (09) 276 0060.