Bay of Plenty, Canterbury, Central Auckland, Central Lakes, Dunedin - South Otago, East Auckland, Hawkes Bay, Hutt, Lakes, MidCentral, Nelson Marlborough, North Auckland, Northland, South Auckland, South Canterbury, Southland, Tairawhiti, Taranaki, Waikato, Wairarapa, Waitaki, Wellington, West Auckland, West Coast, Whanganui > Social Services >
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM.
24/7 support services to people affected by sexual and family violence, crime, trauma, suicide and other sudden bereavement.
Call 0800 VICTIM (842 846)
Ages: 17 years and older. We support children as part of the whanau or in collaboration with a child specialist.
Region: All of New Zealand. Specialist family violence services in Counties-Manukau and Canterbury.
Immediate crisis response support services for people affected by crime and trauma. We provide emotional, social and practical support and information for victims of crime, survivors of sexual abuse and family violence, and assistance with Police, Courts, Coronial and other social and justice processes. We can refer to other support services where appropriate.
Sexual and Family Violence Support
- Nationwide crisis support services for male and female survivors of sexual abuse and family violence (where no specialist provider available or specialist provider not preferred).
- Advice about and referral to services and support available to survivors of sexual and family violence, including pre-approved counselling services
- Court support, including assistance with Victim Impact Statements and support for restorative justice and family group conferences for male and female survivors of sexual and family violence
- Financial assistance for victims of sexual abuse for loss of income, temporary accommodation, childcare, basic needs, repairs and replacement of items affected by the crime or investigation. For an application form click here
- Counties-Manukau and Canterbury - Specialist family violence intervention services, including family safety planning for male and female victims of family violence
See here for more information on Sexual and Family Violence
Support for all People Affected by Crime and Trauma
- Someone to talk to after crime and trauma.
- Help to understand and connect with other services available to you.
- Practical help and advice to deal with the police, courts, coroner, and other authorities after a crime or trauma.
See here for more information on General Support.
Support After Suicide
- Nationwide 24/7 crisis support from a specialist support worker for people affected by suicide, including friends, whanau, witnesses and discoverers of the suicide
- Information and assistance with the Coronial process and support at inquests
- Free emotional and social support after suicide and referral to pre-approved counselling services
- Practical support dealing with Police and other authorities, organise specialist cleaning services, and other support as needed during crisis
See here for more information on Suicide
Support After Homicide
- Immediate, nationwide crisis support 24/7 from a specialist support worker for people affected by homicide including friends, whanau, witnessess and discoverers of homicide
- Free emotional and social support and referral to pre-approved counselling services
- Help for victims to understand their rights
- Assistance at court hearings
- Practical support to understand court processes, prepare Victim Impact Statements, deal with Police and other authorities, arrange funeral services and organise specialist cleaning services
- Financial assistance for people affected by homicide to cover funeral and general costs, counselling and travel/accommodation to attend court hearings
See here for more information on Homicide
All Victim Support services are FREE
How to Access:
Call 0800 VICTIM (842 846) 24/7
18+ years old, Older adult
How do I access this service?
Contact us, Referral
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM.
|Mon – Sun||midnight – midnight|
24/7 Helpline is available on Public Holidays
Public Holidays: Open on all public holidays.
Christmas: Open 23 Dec — 3 Jan.
Sexual harm victims/survivors - Do you need help and support?
- Immediate help
- Support and counselling
Abuse and violence
- Family violence intervention
- Information & support
- Referral to specialist services
- Victim support
Specialist family violence intervention services are available in Counties-Manukau and Canterbury only.
Arabic, Cantonese, English, Filipino, French, German, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malay, Mandarin, Maori, Marathi, Punjabi, Samoan, Spanish, Tamil, Thai, Tongan, Vietnamese
Bay of Plenty, Canterbury, Central Auckland, Central Lakes, Dunedin - South Otago, East Auckland, Hawkes Bay, Hutt, Lakes, MidCentral, Nelson Marlborough, North Auckland, Northland, South Auckland, South Canterbury, Southland, Tairawhiti, Taranaki, Waikato, Wairarapa, Waitaki, Wellington, West Auckland, West Coast, Whanganui
24/7 Help Line 0800 VICTIM (0800 842 846)
To Volunteer: 0800 865 868
180 Molesworth Street
180 Molesworth Street
PO Box 3017
Would you recommend this service to family & friends?
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 9:12AM on September 11, 2019. This information is reviewed and edited by Victim Support.