Bay of Plenty, Canterbury, Central Auckland, Central Lakes, Dunedin - South Otago, East Auckland, Hawkes Bay, Hutt, Lakes, MidCentral, Nelson Marlborough, North Auckland, Northland, South Auckland, South Canterbury, Southland, Tairāwhiti, Taranaki, Waikato, Wairarapa, Waitaki, Wellington, West Auckland, West Coast, Whanganui > Social Services >
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM.
24/7 support services to people affected by sexual and family violence, crime, trauma, suicide and other sudden bereavement.
Call 0800 VICTIM (842 846)
Ages: 17 years and older. We support children as part of the family/whānau or in collaboration with a child specialist.
Region: All of New Zealand. Specialist family violence services in Counties-Manukau, Auckland, Waikato, and Canterbury.
Immediate and ongoing support services for people affected by crime, trauma, and suicide. We provide emotional, social and practical support and information for victims and assistance with Police, Courts, Coronial and other social services and justice processes. We refer to other support services where appropriate.
Support for all People Affected by Crime and Trauma
- Someone to listen, talk with, and support you to cope through trauma
- Help to understand your rights and make informed choices
- Practical information and help to answer your questions
- Help to access counselling and navigate support services
- Practical support and assistance to deal with things like funeral and coronial processes
- Someone to assist and support you at court trials, hearings, and dealing with Police and other government agencies
- Help to prepare victim impact statements and attend family group or restorative justice conferences
- Financial assistance for victims of serious crime
See here for more information on General Support.
Family Violence Support
- Nationwide crisis support services for male and female victims/survivors of family violence.
- Advice about and referral to other services and support available to victims/survivors of family violence.
- Court support, including assistance with Victim Impact Statements and support for restorative justice and family group conferences.
- Financial assistance for victims of serious crime for loss of income, temporary accommodation, childcare, basic needs, repairs and replacement of items affected by the crime or investigation. For an application form click here.
- Auckland, Counties-Manukau, Waikato, and Canterbury - Specialist family violence intervention services, including family safety planning for male and female victims of family violence
See here for more information on Sexual and Family Violence
Support After Suicide
- Nationwide 24/7 crisis support from a specialist support worker for people affected by suicide, including friends, whanau, witnesses and discoverers of the suicide
- Information and assistance with the Coronial process and support at inquests
- Free emotional and social support after suicide and referral to pre-approved counselling services
- Practical support dealing with Police and other authorities, organise specialist cleaning services, and other support as needed during crisis
See here for more information on Suicide.
Support After Homicide
- Immediate, nationwide crisis support 24/7 from a specialist support worker for people affected by homicide including friends, whanau, witnessess and discoverers of homicide
- Free emotional and social support and referral to counselling services
- Help for victims to understand their rights
- Assistance at court hearings
- Practical support to understand court processes, prepare Victim Impact Statements, deal with Police and other authorities, arrange funeral services and organise specialist cleaning services
- Financial assistance for people affected by homicide to cover funeral and general costs, counselling and travel/accommodation to attend court hearings
See here for more information on Homicide.
All Victim Support services are FREE.
How to Access:
Call 0800 VICTIM (842 846) 24/7
Adult / Pakeke, Older adult / Kaumātua
How do I access this service?
Contact us, Referral
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM.
|Mon – Sun||midnight – midnight|
24/7 Helpline is available on Public Holidays
Public Holidays: Open on all public holidays..
Arabic, Cantonese, English, Filipino, French, German, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malay, Mandarin, Māori, Marathi, Punjabi, Samoan, Spanish, Tamil, Thai, Tongan, Vietnamese
Sexual harm victims/survivors - Do you need help and support?
- Immediate help
- Support and counselling
Abuse and violence
- Family violence intervention
- Information & support
- Referral to specialist services
- Victim support
Specialist family violence intervention services are available in Counties-Manukau and Canterbury only.
Bay of Plenty, Canterbury, Central Auckland, Central Lakes, Dunedin - South Otago, East Auckland, Hawkes Bay, Hutt, Lakes, MidCentral, Nelson Marlborough, North Auckland, Northland, South Auckland, South Canterbury, Southland, Tairāwhiti, Taranaki, Waikato, Wairarapa, Waitaki, Wellington, West Auckland, West Coast, Whanganui
24/7 Help Line 0800 VICTIM (0800 842 846)
To Volunteer: 0800 865 868
180 Molesworth Street
180 Molesworth Street
PO Box 3017
Would you recommend this service to family & friends?
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 10:59AM on September 9, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by Victim Support.