Unsure what health service you need?
In a medical emergency:
For urgent medical attention dial 111 for an ambulance.
In a mental health emergency:
If you are seriously concerned about a person’s immediate safety:
- dial 111
- OR go to the Emergency Department at your nearest hospital
- OR phone your district health board’s (DHB) crisis team.
Other emergency contacts:
- Alcohol & Drug Helpline - 10am - 10pm, 7 days. Ph 0800 787 797
- CADS Walk-in Clinic - 8am - 5pm, Bldg 4, 17 Lambie Dr, Manukau. Ph (09) 845 1818
- Lifeline - Ph 0800 543 354
- Depression Helpline - Ph 0800 111 757
- Youthline - free txt 234. Ph 0800 376 633
For non-urgent medical care:
If you are unwell and it is not an emergency you should contact your general practice at any time of day. They will direct you to your nearest available medical care.. Fees are lower if you are enrolled with a practice.
If you are pregnant you need to choose a Lead Maternity Carer (LMC).
Click on the following link and scroll down to "Select a service" for other healthcare services.
Phone your general practice (GP) and a nurse will direct you to the appropriate service.
For a list of Accident & Medical clinics click here
Free phone advice:
- Healthline – 0800 611 116
- Plunketline – 0800 933 922
- Family Violence Information Line - 0800 456 450
How to find health services near you on Healthpoint:
This video will guide you through simple steps to find healthcare services near to you and around your physical location. This search displays all healthcare services within close proximity or that you may be eligible for in the region of your search. Included are tips and features to help you refine your search to identify the various services offering support for the specific conditions or needs that you have.
How to find health service information on Healthpoint:
This video will guide you through simple steps to find a healthcare service. Using the main search facility on the Healthpoint site, healthcare service results will match to the words or phrases you type.