Kidz First Children's Hospital & Community Health
The Kidz First Children's Hospital is purpose built to deliver family centred health care and serve the culturally diverse Counties Manukau community.
Services provided at Kidz First Children's Hospital include:
- Paediatric inpatient surgical care - acute (urgent) and elective (non-urgent) orthopaedic, plastic surgical (including specialist Auckland Regional Burns/National Burns Service) and otorhinolaryngeal (Ear, Nose & Throat) patients also practising family/whanau centred care.
- Paediatric inpatient medical care - acute paediatric medical service that practises family/whanau centred care with a parent or caregiver encouraged to stay with their children.
- Child protection service - medical assessment, consultation, support, education and liaison with all agencies with regards to child abuse/protection issues.
- CM Health Nutrition & Dietetics - Dietitians provide treatment, education and support to people requiring nutrition information and advice relating to medical and surgical treatments and management of chronic diseases (such as diabetes and high blood pressure).
- Kidz First Neonatal Care - provides Intensive Care (Level III) and Special Care (Level II) services and is an integral part of the continuum of services delivered by the Kidz First and Women’s Health Divisions of Counties Manukau Health.
If you child is going to stay overnight in hospital, visit our Patient & Visitors page for more information on what you need to bring.
All Counties Manukau Health hospital facilities now have a “no visitors” policy in place (during National Alert Level 4) - with only a few exceptions to allow for visitors due to exceptional health and compassionate circumstances. We know this is a distressing time, and thank you for your patience and understanding.
Exceptional circumstances for visits include supporting a patient who is critically ill, deteriorating or dying, or a parent/guardian who is supporting a young child. At this time, no children under 15 years can visit, and we ask that no food or clothing items for patients are bought into the wards. Click here for more information.
There are some specialised services in the hospital where visiting hours may vary, for example, the Delivery Suite, or Intensive Care Unit. In these cases, signs will be in place with the relevant information. If you are not sure, please feel free to contact us at the numbers listed below:
- For Information/Visiting Hours: phone (09) 270 4799
- For Patient Enquiries: phone (09) 276 5004
- For Tiaho Mai (Acute Mental Health Unit): phone (09) 270 4742
Click on a service below for all contact details
- Hearing and Vision Testing Service More Info
- Kidz First Centre for Youth Health More Info
- Kidz First Child Development Service More Info
- Kidz First Child Protection Service More Info
- Kidz First Home Care Nurses More Info
- Kidz First Neonatal Care More Info
- Kidz First Paediatric Inpatient Services More Info
- Kidz First Play Specialists More Info
- Outpatient Care - Developmental, Disability and Behavioural More Info
- Outpatient Care - General Paediatrics More Info
- Public Health Nursing More Info
(09) 276 0000
(09) 276 5204
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 11:47AM on April 6, 2020.