Kidz First Children's Hospital & Community Health
The Kidz First Children's Hospital is purpose-built to deliver family centred health care and serve the culturally diverse Counties Manukau community.
Services provided at Kidz First Children's Hospital include:
- Paediatric inpatient surgical care - acute (urgent) and elective (non-urgent) orthopaedic, plastic surgical (including specialist Auckland Regional Burns/National Burns Service) and otorhinolaryngeal (Ear, Nose & Throat) patients also practising family/whānau centred care.
- Paediatric inpatient medical care - acute paediatric medical service that practises family/whānau centred care with a parent or caregiver encouraged to stay with their children.
- Child protection service - medical assessment, consultation, support, education and liaison with all agencies with regards to child abuse/protection issues.
- CM Health Nutrition & Dietetics - Dietitians provide treatment, education and support to people requiring nutrition information and advice relating to medical and surgical treatments and management of chronic diseases (such as diabetes and high blood pressure).
- Kidz First Neonatal Care - provides Intensive Care (Level III) and Special Care (Level II) services and is an integral part of the continuum of services delivered by the Kidz First and Women’s Health Divisions of Counties Manukau Health.
If your child is going to stay overnight in the hospital, visit our Patient & Visitors page for more information on what you need to bring.
Under Alert Level 1 Counties Manukau Health will continue to limit visitors, and public health measures are still required to be observed by visitors to all our facilities.
We need your help to keep everyone safe.
We are no longer carrying out Visitor Screening – please use the NZ COVID Tracer app to scan our QR code each time you visit our hospital and clinics.
This code will be displayed at the entrances to all CM Health facilities.
We also ask that you use hand gel when entering the hospital, adhere to our visitor guide https://vimeo.com/504982323, and stay home and call Healthline on 0800 611 116 if you feel unwell.
If you are unwell, you must stay at home.
These restrictions apply to all hospitals and outpatient facilities.
Inpatient services are also provided at our other facilities, which include Kidz First Children's Hospital, the Manukau Surgery Centre, Pukekohe Hospital, Franklin Memorial Hospital, Botany Downs Maternity Unit and Papakura Maternity Unit as well as dedicated mental health and rehabilitation units. Outpatient services are primarily provided at Manukau SuperClinic™ and Botany SuperClinic™.
There are some specialised services in the hospital where visiting hours may vary, for example, the Delivery Suite, or Intensive Care Unit. In these cases, signs will be in place with the relevant information. If you are not sure, please feel free to contact us at the numbers listed below:
- For Information/Visiting Hours: phone (09) 270 4799
- For Patient Enquiries: phone (09) 276 5004
- For Tiaho Mai (Acute Mental Health Unit): phone (09) 270 4742
Click on a service below for all contact details
- Hearing and Vision Testing Service More Info
- Kidz First Centre for Youth Health More Info
- Kidz First Child Development Service More Info
- Kidz First Child Protection Service More Info
- Kidz First Home Care Nurses More Info
- Kidz First Neonatal Care More Info
- Kidz First Paediatric Inpatient Services More Info
- Kidz First Play Specialists More Info
- Outpatient Care - Developmental, Disability and Behavioural More Info
- Outpatient Care - General Paediatrics More Info
- Public Health Nursing More Info
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 10:52AM on March 15, 2021.